Anonymous

are spaniards readily accepted in Usa?

Some states were of Sapin (later mexico), other of spain and of other countries in Europe, spanish is the second language in usa, also for white hispanic and for latinos in North America. so is hispanophobia only against mexicans? sorry for my english and thank you for answer

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Alex
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

There are only 100,000 Spaniards living in the USA as of 2015. Usually for there to be an anti-[insert nationality] sentiment in a country, there has to be a relatively large influx of them. That is not the case with Spaniards.

Not only that, but Spanish immigrants to other countries are typically educated and come from middle class backgrounds, not low-income, low/no education immigrants.

Spaniards don't really face anything that other European immigrants don't in the USA. The only exception is that Americans are extremely confused about Spaniards and Spanish people and Spanish speakers and will often conflate Spaniards with being Latin Americans or vice-versa. For example, there are plenty of ignorant Americans who think Spanish people aren't white because they speak Spanish or that Spanish people aren't European or that Latin Americans are Spanish, etc.

I am half Spanish. My mom is from Spain. Her cousin also lives here in the USA in some small town. He is also Spanish.

Regardless, the vast majority of Americans treat people decently no matter where they're from.

• ...Show all comments
    • almanacco1 year agoReport

@alex: There the hispanos too like the wasps of 13 colonies, hispanos wer ethe colonists of southwest, in New Mexico there are

• Login to reply the answers
  • Spaniards aren't relevant in the USA. They hardly move here so we aren't exposed to them.

• almanacco1 year agoReport

I know that there are the hispanos people of criollo spanish ancestry in Usa in New Mexico they are not mexicans but spaniards

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Most of population in the US doesn't have a problem with anyone, but you still find racists around here. They come in all "colors".

The US and the confederate south both picked Roman Latin mottos to represent their nations. So we know the Latins were clearly included in their heritage. However, bigots don't care about history. So, you'll need to look like their version of something for them to accept you ... And that "look" will change from individual to individual.

And just to keep this answer historically accurate - Spaniards are one of the groups from Hispania (Hispanics) *and* they also one of the groups who make up the Latino according to the Roman Latini. These words were used in Europe before the Americas were "discovered".

• 1 year ago

Literally anyone is able to be accepted in the US

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I don't judge people by their nationality.

• 1 year ago

The US is not a xenophobic nation.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You make some assertions that are simply wrong. Perhaps visit the US a few times to get what's really going on here before you post these questions based on your own remote biases.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.