I spread a rumor about my friend?

ok i know i’m a terrible person and whatever i get it i’m an idiot. but i need some advice to figure out how to get all of this cleared up. so a girl who i don’t really like but am “friends” with went on a cruise and i overheard her say how she had sex with some random guy and i didn’t believe it and thought it was... show more ok i know i’m a terrible person and whatever i get it i’m an idiot. but i need some advice to figure out how to get all of this cleared up. so a girl who i don’t really like but am “friends” with went on a cruise and i overheard her say how she had sex with some random guy and i didn’t believe it and thought it was funny so i told my other friend that my “friend” had told me about the guy. i kind of told her like she was lying and i bet she made it up since she always makes these stories up when she’s away traveling or something and there’s no proof. the friend i told accidentally let it slip to the friend that my “friend” actually told. and then she asked my “friend” if she ever told me that and she said no. and now it’s an awkward situation and i don’t know how to explain it to the girl i spread the rumor to and my “friend”. i was just going to tell “friend” that it was just a joke because u always say u hook up with a bunch of guys on these cruises and my friend thought i was being serious. it’s such a messy situation and it’s one of those times where u just wish you could turn back time and remake your choices i’m a bad person i get it but i need some advice please
13 answers 13