Tapping in Ceiling. Would just running fan without AC create condensation? Would running fan to dry ceiling create trouble?

I live on the first floor of a three-floor condimium building. About a month ago, I had water dripping from my ceiling. Although the drain for AC was in this area or close to it, I had not been using the AC for a couple of months. Although I have had issues with my AC in the past, the contractor suggested that,... show more I live on the first floor of a three-floor condimium building. About a month ago, I had water dripping from my ceiling. Although the drain for AC was in this area or close to it, I had not been using the AC for a couple of months.

Although I have had issues with my AC in the past, the contractor suggested that, based on the stains in the ceiling, there might be something going on with another condo or common area..

The contractor informed the office for me, but this is a big complex, so it might be a while before their people get to me..

The tapping in ceiling either stopped for the most part or slowed down for a while to where I would rarely notice it. Then Tuesday night(12/04) , it started to noticeably drip consistently again.

I used just the fan from AC in hopes to dry my ceiling, which seemed to help. Since I continued hearing the dripping, I would keep the fan on for long periods.

The office has been informed again, but I have not received a response.

I finally decide to turn off the fan and see what happens for a while. The time between drips has increased.

Would just using the fan for long periods create condensation?

Using the fan seems to keep water from dripping through my ceiling, but would doing it for long periods of time create trouble? Any other suggestions? Forgive me, I know nothing about these things.

Just a reminder: I have not used cooling or heating over the past 2-3 months. I don t know how much of it getting colder here off and on makes a difference.

Thank you!
Update: Your feedback actually turned out to help me challenge management's assumption that it was a clogged drain from my AC, and the blower was just pushing water around making things worse. They sent maintenance over, and found it wet around the where the toilet above was. Supposedly, the tenant forgot to report... show more Your feedback actually turned out to help me challenge management's assumption that it was a clogged drain from my AC, and the blower was just pushing water around making things worse. They sent maintenance over, and found it wet around the where the toilet above was. Supposedly, the tenant forgot to report the leak. Thank you again for all the great feedback!
1 answer 1