Do not you think that the Galactic Empire from Star Wars is paradoxically good guys rather than bad guys? And i explain why i think so...?

In one of the opening scenes of the 4th Episode of Star Wars "New Hope", which according to chronology is the first film produced from the Star Wars Saga. Grand Moff Tarkin, at the staff council, the imperial fleet, tells another concerned officer, who fears that the news of the Death Star, can bring... show more In one of the opening scenes of the 4th Episode of Star Wars "New Hope", which according to chronology is the first film produced from the Star Wars Saga.
Grand Moff Tarkin, at the staff council, the imperial fleet, tells another concerned officer, who fears that the news of the Death Star, can bring rebels to supporters in the Imperial Senate. Grand Moff Tarkin tells him that he no longer has to worry about the Imperial Senate because the last remnant of the old republic ceased to exist as the Emperor (Palpatine) dissolved this institution and handed over bureaucratic issues to the local (planetary) governments.
After all, it is the transfer of power to the people, is it not we Europeans want? Where a bunch of morons from the European Commission and the European Parliament, try to take away power from national governments bit by bit. Do not the Americans want less Federal power and more power for individual US states?
Update: I'm a big fan of Star Wars even if I'm not a hard-line fan, I did not read SW books, but I love all movies even spin-offs, even though I was not especially fond of last two "episodes" :-)