i called in sick my manager doesn’t want to pay it because I didnt personally call I had my dad(coworker) inform OUR superv...is that legal?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

If you didn't follow company policy, it's legal.

• Maxi
    1 year ago

Thats their rules, so unless you are incapable of calling such is in hospial, you have to call

• Yes, it is entirely legal for an employer to set a sick pay policy which requires you to call in or show proof of a medical visit to get paid sick pay.

Getting your Daddy to tell him you were sick doesn't qualify.

• TedEx
    1 year ago

It sounds like you didn't have the b#lls to call in sick yourself.

• Judith
    1 year ago

Not illegal. Federal and state governments could care less what policies employers make in this regard.

If you are sick then YOU are supposed to call in. This isn't kindergarten when the parent calls in.

• irving1 year agoReport

I don’t have access to a phone and I live with my dad I’m 18 I work with him

• 1 year ago

depends on what your handbook says, usually things like this are left up to the company to set a policy, but they need to set a policy on things like this, they can not just make things up willy nilly

1 year ago

Obviously not legal.