Atheist: Why do Christians get involved in euthanasia?

I was thinking about this topic tonight. Who are Christians to think they know what is best for someone in pain everyday? It is my body and my choice if I don't want to live anymore someday because I am in pain. I am not in pain or suffering from anything now. But it is my choice if I want to go through with it under medical care if I get very sick someday. Christian religious beliefs should NOT be the law for everyone that doesn't follow their religion. They need to keep their dogmas off our bodies. Do you agree?

• Mike

Perhaps ask Christians this question, why would you address this to atheists.

• Archer

The choice of some to exert control over their end seems to upset them for it removes their significance and that of their gods.

• Luke

Because Christians are always telling people what they can do with their bodies.

• GA41

I think you have a reasonable argument. I would not want to be subject to Sharia law if Islam was the major religion in our country. However, I could disagree with euthanasia and not be a Christian; the same is true for abortion.

Aristotle's secular argument against suicide and euthanasia states that every individual's contribution to society, no matter how small, is of the utmost importance to that society. Even being a burden is a kind of contribution. It drives others to help and enhances their lives as well. It drives enhancements in science and technology.

It's a culture war thing... Obviously, it will never impact the lives of those who want nothing to do with it.

I already have my plan

walk off into the hills with a 5th of jack and let the coyotes have me

Well Xians say they don't sin, si it can't be because of sin ...