Can all the technology in your house get hacked?

So my boyfriend, whose currently in another state right now, has recently had to shut down all of his technology. It started about 8 months ago, I think with his computer, then his phone and it’s spread to his TVs, his roommates phone, gaming consoles, even his mothers phone when she came to visit. On his computer... show more So my boyfriend, whose currently in another state right now, has recently had to shut down all of his technology. It started about 8 months ago, I think with his computer, then his phone and it’s spread to his TVs, his roommates phone, gaming consoles, even his mothers phone when she came to visit. On his computer Web pages would change when we wasn’t clicking, on his phone texts and voicemails would just not show up, files would show up as corrupt, pictures would just disappear, his smart TVs would just randomly turn off or on, it’s gotten so crazy that anyone who hasn’t seen it in person doesn’t believe him. There’s a lot more examples of what’s been hacked and what it’s doing but I don’t want to go into too much detail. 1) has anyone heard of hacking gone this extreme? 2) what can he do to get his technology back? It’s literally to the point where the only tech they use is lamps... and 3) he found an IP address all over his stuff and tracked it back to someone we know but when I confronted that person they (obviously) denied it but they do own a telecommunications company and do have the resources. It’s almost an around the clock thing and it’s ruining our lives but pressing charges is expensive and may not fix his technology. Can anyone shed some more light on what might be happening and how to fix it/get it all to stop?
5 answers 5