Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 year ago

Does the old Christmas classic Frank Sinatra song, Baby it's Cold Outside, promote date rape and sexual harassment?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

No. In the song, the boyfriend is trying to offer to his girlfriend a few good excuses she can use to justify staying safe with him, rather than risking the trip home by night.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Its more stupidity from the snowflake libtard Left

• 1 year ago

No means no.

• 1 year ago

It's about a seduction, which is a far cry from rape. A seduction involves words and/or actions that are flirting but not offensive, and hint at a desire for sex. None of that is wrong. The female at first rejects the invitation to stay, but later gives in. Nothing was done against her will.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Anywhere Dean Martin was, there were girls being harassed, that you can bet on.

• 1 year ago

Our country is going down the toilet. Pretty soon Rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer will be politically unacceptable.

• GEEGEE
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

He already is. Some people are saying the movie promotes bullying, and is anti female. And that Santa is practically a slave owner to the poor elves

• 1 year ago

I just read the lyrics and don't see how it would. Maybe you you have to be an idiot to see it

I guess you would have to assume the woman being sang of is an idiot too. "Oh I'm just a poor little woman and he's giving me alcohol and trying to make a pass, whatever should I do?"

• 1 year agoReport

The #MeToo movement criticized the song as being a date rape song and some radio station in Chicago pulled the song from it's play list.

• 1 year ago
  • 1 year ago

For men and women who commit these acts, this may have some impact, yes. Not a big impact, but a tiny impact.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Wow! Have you considered professional help and various Drugs to assist in your Recovery?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.