Car AC, electrical and engine problems?

My cabin blower isn't working on speeds 1,2,3 but only runs on high. I also found that my AC runs, on settings 1,2,3, (but not the blower), but when I turn it on high, the blower kicks on, but the AC compressor turns off, the electronic switch in my cabin for (AC) flips itself off, and the AC lines in the... show more My cabin blower isn't working on speeds 1,2,3 but only runs on high.
I also found that my AC runs, on settings 1,2,3, (but not the blower), but when I turn it on high, the blower kicks on, but the AC compressor turns off, the electronic switch in my cabin for (AC) flips itself off, and the AC lines in the engine compartment freeze up.

So my questions are these.
Would replacing my blower fans resistor restore speeds 1-3, and a further question on that.. would doing so magically enable my AC to start functioning again or is the receiver drier just shot after all these years? (its a 2003 so it wouldn't surprise me)

I also have one more pretty important question.. my car doesn't seem to know how to idle correctly anymore since this happened, so im wondering if this resistor problem might have messed up my cars CPU.. my cars cpu tells me I need to replace the forward O'2 sensor, which I did and I reset that code.. but the check engine indicator is still on, the code popped back up, and when the car is fully warmed up, it revs on its own when left to idle, and now gets horrible gas mileage. Could it be my computer? or could it be that blown resistor somehow messing with my CPU which hurts its ability to regulate my engine?

Any experienced help would be appreciated, thanks.
1 answer 1