Q asked in SportsWrestling · 1 year ago

Why does Becky Lynch call herself "the man"?

First let me preface by saying that I like Becky and I'm glad she's getting the push she has because it's something different than the same old **** with Charlotte holding the title. My question is, with all this stuff about the womens evolution and womens empowerment in WWE, why the hell does Becky refer to herself as a man? Is she actually just a trans woman (a chick with a dick) that we are unaware of?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

lol....Becky Lynch is 100% woman.

Honestly, 2 reasons that(I think) Becky Lynch calls herself "The Man" is because:

1. She used it as a diss against Charlotte Flair, during their recent feud.

Ric Flair has always said "To be the man, you've gotta beat the man". Becky is saying that she's "The Man" because she defeated a Flair. Of course, it's not Ric....she's talking about Charlotte.

2. Whether people agree with it or not....Becky Lynch is one of the most popular wrestlers in WWE today(and even one of the most popular, of all time). She's right up there with The Rock, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Daniel Bryan, & A.J. Styles.

I'd even go as far as saying that she's more over than most women & men in the WWE. That's possibly a reason why she calls herself "The Man". Just like Hogan, Austin, Rock, & Cena....she feels(& most will agree) that she's part of the forefront in THIS era.

Even I've gotten used to calling Becky Lynch "The Man", even though I'm not trying to insult her by saying that she's the other gender, lol.

Becky Lynch is still a charismatic, dedicated, and attractive woman. Even the nickname wouldn't change that, but I think that some people are getting too hung up on it and need to realize that calling herself "The Man" doesn't mean that she's about to become another gender.

She's basically using it as a way to say that she's the best.

This turned out to be a longer answer than I thought it would be XD

• 1 year ago

it's figure of speech like saying i get the job don and i am the only one that can get the job don that why but if she would say im the women it losses it strength in the meaning

• Evan
    1 year ago

its a play off a old rick flair quote

• We Will Find Out At TLC If She Indeed Is The Man Won't Be Easy Against Charlotte Flair And Asuka

• Becky Lynch calls herself "The Man" because she is the Best Wrestler, Most Talented Wrestler, Most Popular Wrestler, Most Under-rated Wrestler and Most Unappreciated Wrestler in The WWE whether Male Wrestler or Female Wrestler. She is the only Professional Wrestler in WWE everyone is talking about.

• 1 year ago

What's more empowering? Not feeling your sex is weaker that you need to make a statement by referring to yourself as another sex. How about she just refer to herself as The Women.

She is really starting to get the big head and believe her own crap, kinda like CM Punk when you look back and think about it. Next thing you know, she will be asking for an ice cream bar and her own tour bus.

Funny thing is that she hasn't changed how she talked in interviews, she just says it with a different tone. She was always confident in her abilities and said multiple times how WWE isn't giving her the chance. But people wouldn't know that if they weren't fans of her before her character change.

• Mr. Yaw
      1 year agoReport

I think that the person who takes the title from Becky Lynch would be someone major....
      It could be Charlotte, Asuka, or 2 people who have the potential to be more over than Becky Lynch is....Shayna Baszler and Kairi Sane.

• 1 year ago

It's garbage. Seth called himself "The Man" too but it's supposed to be "The Woman".

• It's that "To be the man, you have to beat the man" quote by the overrated Ric Flair.

1 year ago

It’s a reference to Ric Flair. Ric Flair’s catchphrase is “To be the man, you have to beat the man.” Becky defeated Charlotte. Who is Ric Flair’s daughter.

• Sanji1 year agoReport

I agree with Political Jack Master.

• 1 year ago

It's contradictory but I guess WWE is pushing the agenda that SHE is the "REAL definition of what a man is supposed to be" or "even better" (I put quotations because I didn't want people to be confused or triggered because I am socially conscious/pro-equality and I believe WWE might be calling Becky Lynch "The Man" from a popular opinion standpoint rather than a personal belief standpoint.)

The WWE Universe loves sucking The Man's dick.

EDIT:

She even explains it.

”It’s walking into the locker room—the male locker room—it’s like, ‘Sorry, lads, none of you are cutting the mustard. I’m the man now. I’m taking over the ship now.”

”I’m the most victorious of all Superstars, both on Raw and SmackDown, in 2018. I’ve won the most matches. Therefore, I am the man of not just the women’s locker room, but also the men’s locker room."

Source(s): To anyone still questioning Becky Lynch calling herself ‘The Man’ - Cageside Seats https://www.cagesideseats.com/platform/amp/wwe/201... I always know what I am talking about.
    • Lifeisaride
      1 year agoReport

It's an analogy. Most of the WWE Universe loves, supports, and praises Becky Lynch, many heavily. I like and support her. I praise her somewhat. 

So that "WTF, that's not true" is 100% uncalled for or needed.