Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 years ago

Is making a rape victim pay for child support the best way to deal with rape?

For your reference :

Hermesmann v. Seyer (State of Kansas ex rel. Hermesmann v. Seyer, 847 P.2d 1273 (Kan. 1993)), was a precedent-setting Kansas, United States, case in which Colleen Hermesmann successfully argued that a woman is entitled to sue the father of her child for child support even if conception occurred as a result of a criminal act committed by the woman.The case was brought in her name by the then Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services.

Favorite Answer

Funny how when it's men who are victimized, they are expected to pay or the results of their victimization.

The case you cite, is sadly not unique. A google search will yield many male victims of rape who have been forced to pay child support.

The best way to deal with rape is to put the rapist away for the rest of his life.....among the general population with a sign RAPIST around his neck.

Probably not . What else you got?

Ok, I want to make sure I’m understanding this right.

The woman raped the guy, and then had the nerve to sue Him for child support? And Won?!??! That’s ridiculous!!

There’s got to be some missing info, because I don’t see how Anyone could consider that just!

I'm sure the mother wants nothing to do with the man and having him around in any would be toxic, so... no.