Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 year ago

What should I do about my girlfriends conditions?

So my girlfriend and I have been dating for 8 months now and I really care about her. We live an hour and a half away from eachother. We’re both 15. Im really worried about her and worry a lot because she has depression, EDS, ITP, and Leukemia. She says her Leukemia was pretty much gone right before they lost insurance. I’m worried the Leukemia will come back since isn’t that a condition that is able to return? Her family doesn’t have lots of money at all, she doesn’t have insurance to go to the doctor and check up on her conditions, and she has a bad home situation. Her, her dad, and her brother live with their grandparents and her dad and grandpa practically hate eachother and argue everyday. Her dad has a drinking problem and drinks everyday. On certain days he loses control and gets extremely angry. He hasn’t ever hit her or anything he just gets extremely angry. But I help as best as I can and try to be there for her but there’s not much I can do since we live a decent ways away from eachother. I see her every month or so. I’m really worried if her conditions will cause her to die young or have a shorter life expectancy. I really do love her and It’s extremely hard to think about her passing away. Is there anything I can do? Or is there anything you can tell me about her conditions that I should be concerned about?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

She has ITP AND leukemia? That's pretty unusual. Which one did she have first?

You said that her leukemia was "pretty much gone" when they lost insurance. Had she finished treatment? How long was she on treatment? If she was still on treatment, there is absolutely no way that her doctor would have allowed her to stop treatment because of no insurance. Her treatment center's social worker would have worked with the family and the hospital for charity care or other programs she may have qualified for. If the family refused to complete treatment for leukemia, the hospital staff would have been mandated to report the case to CPS.

If she had already completed treatment, I'm not sure what you are worried about, as most kids who complete treatment for leukemia never relapse. Even in this scenario, the hospital staff would be on the family's case about follow up, and if it's soon after the end of treatment, they would have pursued legal means of requiring her to follow up. The pediatric world is NOTHING like the adult world when it comes to cancer treatment.

Quite honestly, if her ITP is severe and has required treatment, the doctor would also likely report the family to CPS if they did not follow up.

• Lucas1 year agoReport

Yes she’s completed treatment I was just worrying about it coming back. But her EDS can get serious at times and she just told me her doctor said she can get a stem cell thing for it. But her doctor is resigning in December so she has to wait till the summer.

• LAN
    1 year ago

You should stop inventing obvious lies to tell online out of a desperate need to be noticed.

• LAN
      1 year agoReport

You are obviously just a drama seeking idiot. At 15 that's sadly too common.

• Elle
    1 year ago

Check out Dr. Sebi. He cured all sorts of serious diseases using the alkaline diet, which costs nothing. It basically means being an organic vegan because meat, cheese and junk food are full of harmful chemicals that ruin the body's immune system. In other words your body will not be able to fight off disease if you keep eating poison.

• LAN
      1 year agoReport

Why do you keep referring to that fraud?

• 1 year ago

Have you met this person? Have you been asked for money? I don't believe her self reporting.

• Lucas1 year agoReport

I don’t think her family would allow me to do that unless I date her for a lot longer. We’ve been dating for 8 months but her family is really strict when it comes to stuff regarding this matter. I’m just 15. Like I understand where they’re coming from