D asked in SportsWrestling · 1 year ago

Have you met any professional wrestlers? What was the experience like for you?

• Candle
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I've met quite a few through conventions and attending shows, independent and WWE alike. They just held WrestleCade in NC and I've met a lot of big names from the past and up-and-coming indie stars through that. The same's true of Wrestlecon. I'd say 9 times out of 10 a wrestler's going to be nice to a fan unless that fan acts too smart for the room or the wrestler has nothing to sell them. That's really the key I think. Wrestlers want to sell you stuff at conventions and shows, so they're going to be nice to you. Likewise, they want you to be respectful and nice to them.

The only wrestlers I've ever ran into multiple times that really didn't seem to want to meet fans were Tommy Dreamer and Carlito. I'm kind of leery of the Dudley Boys as well. Tommy Dreamer wailed on a fan with a kendo stick at Wrestlecon one year and the ECW guys took way too much enjoyment from it. I mean, the guy asked for one of them to hit him with it and sign below the bruise, which is stupid, but the sound of Bubba and Devon cackling will haunt my nightmares. Don't do stuff like that at conventions. Cool people who have sat and talked have been Booker T, Steve Corino, JJ Dillon, Jim Cornette of all people, Nova of bWo fame, Candice LeRae and Joey Ryan when Candice was still on the indies, Kevin Owens when he was on the indies. There were more good experiences, but those are the ones that come to mind.

• Candle
      1 year agoReport

I've met Booker T twice at WrestleCade, and both times Sharmell had to pull him away from watching wrestling going on in the convention hall to talk to fans, but he was cool. It was kind of awesome seeing a guy like him whose been wrestling for so long find joy in watching local indies go at it.

• 1 year ago

Met a few at the Indy shows in my area. Nicest ones I met we’re Jerry Lawler, Jim Duggan, Jack Swagger and John Cena. Matt Hardy and Mark Henry we’re not that friendly though. Also met Alberto Del Rio who was polite but seemed kind of phony

• 1 year ago

Yes, I have met Khali. He has a huge body, with a height of 7.08 ft. I was coming up to his chest only. But he has a big heart as his body. He doesn't have an ego issue. He does not have a superiority complex, rather he is a great man with a golden heart. He is very down to earth. I have not seen such a humble person ever before.

• 1 year ago

I HAVE PAST AND PRESENT WRESTLERS ALL OF MY LIFE. THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS AWFUL WAS HOGAN

• Flower
    1 year ago

Yes I met one years ago named George "Tallyho" Blairs in Hawaii. He was British I believe. Met on the beach.

• 1 year ago

There was a meet and greet that i one time met Kevin nash, he was super nice, most of them are nice when they are not in their characters.

1 year ago

Yes, we used to live near the studios years ago and hung around all the big dudes, they were all awesomely nice and great towards kids.

Keep in mind even though some are superstars and professionals they still eat, sleep and pull their pants in one leg at a time just like you and I do. The only difference is that they have spent years building their bodies, getting stronger and then getting a manager that shows them off to the wrestleing world, the guys that are good at wrestling become famous stars but they started out as regular people like you and me. They have sting bodies and learn the choreography that goes into the ring, rules, regulations etc and they follow them.