Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Does the God of the Bible have a name? Since there are so many Gods, who do you pray to?

Favorite Answer

1. Yes, he has many names and titles. None of them is Jehovah, however.

2. Elohim.

What really distinguishes the true God from all others is his personal name, Jehovah. (Psalm 83:18) And every prayer I offer is said in Jesus’ name. (John 14:6)

Yes, the Bible teaches that God’s name is Jehovah at Psalm 83:18, “May people know that you,

whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.” wwww.jw.org

• Snowbird
      2 years agoReport

There is no such Name as Jehovah - it was invented 500 years ago that's all. God's Name is Yahweh, the Most High God.

The word "Jehovah" is a mix of two words Adoni and Yahweh - from which they made "Jehovah" because they were afraid to say the name "Yahweh" as it was too holy to be pronounced

There's not many gods - only false ones and dumb idols. There is only one Almighty living God and Creator of this universe and everyone and everything in it. His Name is Yahweh, The Most High God.

When Moses asked God His Name because he wanted to go back and report to his people who sent him, God told Moses to say, "Tell them, "I am who I am has sent you" (Exodus 3:14)

• God in the Bible has many names data from its faithful Christians, he does not reproach none for this fact, we see it in many respects on sacred scripture, that I am not here to mention because it takes a lot of space, and yahoo does not allow it! Whatever that God spake unto Moses, "I AM" one who they are!

Exodus 3:1-15.

Moses and the Burning Bush.

1 Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.” 4 When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.” 5 “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” 6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God. 7 The LORD said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.” 11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” 12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.” 13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Having said this, Jesus Christ said:

Luke 11:1-4.

Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer.

11 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,

hallowed be your name,

your kingdom come.

3 Give us each day our daily bread.

4 Forgive us our sins,

for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.

And lead us not into temptation.’”

Therefore, Jesus has left said to call Father,when we pray, is not Jehovah, that is not its original name, but it would be one of the many names of God, translated, is: "Yahweh: Save and provides.

And finally, there are many gods, but is only one God and He is in His deity! Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three people who form a God alone! Other alleged, have shapes designed by men with their imagination!?

I AM. Abba father,Jesus

Several names athough this question sounds like sounds like adking what Joe's name is.

The Name that I usually use is (drum roll sound effects) "God."

He does have other names. YHWH, Jesus, Emanuel, The Creator, The Cause of the Big Bang, Savior, Yahweh, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace, Logos, ...

Jehovah, or Yahweh, or Fred (or whatever you like).

• GA41

God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”(Exodus 3:14)