Can you have an inhaler if you have not been diagnosed with asthma but just breathless?

Sometimes when I do certain things especially drink alcohol I get breathless and have to start breathing slowly. Do you think an inhaler would help me and will doctors prescribe inhalers for someone is isn’t asmatic

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Kat
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

No. I think you should listen to your body and just not drink alcohol.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

Asthma inhalers are only useful for people who have asthma (or COPD) or are suffering from a condition that causes their lungs to act as if they asthma such as some viral chest infections. It wouldn't be useful in your case and, as such, doctors shouldn't prescribe it to you unless there's something about your case you haven't mentioned.

Breathing troubles that come about with alcohol make me think about anxiety or alcohol intolerance... any chance these could be what's actually going on?

• Ayesha1 year agoReport

I never used to have any problems breathing when drinking alcohol but it only started to happen a few weeks ago

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

no you can't

• 1 year ago

A doctor will examine you, make a diagnosis and then prescribe something. He is not just going to prescribe something without a diagnosis. I suggest if you get SOB when drinking alcohol you stop drinking alcohol. Simple.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.