Best time of the day to come out?

Weird question I know, but is there any specific time of day that is the best to come out to parents at (I'm trans)? Like, would the afternoon be better than evening, for instance?

• reme_1
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

No, just be prepared. Have info from the gay center and contact PFLAG.org- a wonderful support group of parents with LGBT kids. They reach out to other parents.

It would be good if you were tested by a doctor who specializes in gender dysphoria so that the dr can explain this to your folks. It takes the pressure off you.

• 1 year ago

It might work better to try to become attuned to what's going on with your parents, and then pick a time when they are relaxed and content. You should also try to determine whether it would be better to tell one first, and then the other, or both at the same time, or just tell one, and let that one tell the other.

• 1 year ago

Come out in the afternoon close to dusk. That is when I first came out to my dad as gay!

• IsaacM1 year agoReport

He hugged me and said it was okay.

1 year ago

The best time is never.

Why burden others with it?

1 year ago

No such thing as “Trans”, so no need to “come out”

Source(s): Hope this helps!