Do you honestly believe that Russian internet trolls are powerful enough to sway an election simply by writing positive words about Trump?

Let me get this straight. People think that Russian spies are somehow responsible for swaying the presidential election outcome (do they have that much mind control, Really??) And because of this supposed deal Trump made with them to do this, sending them out like minions all over the internet, Trump needs to be impeached. Has the world gone mad??

Our major News networks may be powerful enough to sway it, but not a handful of Russian internet bloggers.

• Leo
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

There was a coordinated effort on the part of the Russians to sway the election in Trump's favor. No one is saying that they were successful or that they are the reason Trump won. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that they tried to undermine our election.

• sparrow
      1 year agoReport

Fair enough. Would it be any less of a crime if it had been paid Americans doing it?

They didn't necessarily sway the election, but the influenced enough to make it look like they swayed.

Too many Americans liked Trump anyway, even if there were no interference from Russia. So, I think he would have won with Russia or not. And, I knew he would win. I think he will be re-elected, too. I would rather have a flower for president than Trump. But, enough people in America like Trump, so that's why I think he will win again.

• Katz22
    1 year ago

Yes, but it wasn't just Russian internet trolls, it was a well coordinated operation aimed to influence the 2016 election, through misinformation, ads, videos, propaganda, conspiracies, etc. It was a massive and complicated effort by the Russians. Mueller has already indicted some of the Russians who were involved in the meddling.

• sparrow
      1 year agoReport

It was Rush Limbaugh radio show. He was very smug about it, enjoying that it happened like that. I don't think he was making it up.

• Foofa
    1 year ago

The real question we should be asking ourselves is why so many of us are gullible enough to fall for all this inanity. People should be able to identify when something is so outrageous that it can't possibly be true (pizzagate, anyone?) But no. In the age of "unscripted" (meaning the writers are non-union) TV and the ability to photoshop anything people should have a greater ability to discern fact from fiction.

• JetDoc
    1 year ago

Some people are still stupid enough to believe that Hillary should have won the election, and they think the only way that Trump could have won is because he had outside help. Special Counsel Robert Muller has spent TWO YEARS and MILLIONS of dollars on an investigation into "Russian Collusion", and has found NO EVIDENCE that it ever happened.

• Jim2
    1 year ago

Yes I do. Why are billions spent on advertising if people can't be swayed? How did Hitler rise to power? Propaganda works, unfortunately.

Trump himself is good at propaganda. He's the biggest liar since... EVER. Yet people stupidly support him. It's almost like he's a cult leader. Never underestimate the power of the stupidity and gullibility of the masses. Never.

• sparrow
      1 year agoReport

Okay. Well at least you're honest (about your opinion).

• ?
    1 year ago

Before the election there were some very potent right wing commenters all over the net. If Russians could brush up on American politics and be knowledgeable enough to sway Americans? I don't know.

• Sally
    1 year ago

No you don't have it straight because that is NOT what our intelligence agencies are telling us. You need a new source of news.

• sparrow
      1 year agoReport

Please tell me what it's all about then, so I can be better informed...

1 year ago

You don't have this straight, at all.

1 year ago

Hilary was bad news since the 1980s