Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 12 months ago

Why are people taught that sexual intercourse the "only way" of reproduction ?

When I was growing up, in almost everything we were taught ,it is that there are so may ways to achieve the goal , there are so many paths. Things can be done in so many ways etc etc but when it came to reproduction we are only taught of "sexual intercourse" but now I know there are so many ways of depositing sperms inside women's body . Why aren't we taught that there are so many ways of depositing sperms inside women's body and all can choose what they are comfortable with? Isn't it an imposition? (if u want kids there is only one way) WTF

• Foofa
    Best Answer

If you're old enough to be typing this chances are when you were "growing up" there weren't as many options for medical fertility treatments as now exist.

I thought it was common knowledge.

Please name some "other ways" a loving couple can reproduce?

Sure you could find someone who is willing to orgasm in a cup and then you can suck up into a turkey baster and insert it into your vagina but really, sex with a man you love is a WHOLE lot more fun.

As to animals, there is NO other way for them at all.

• 12 months agoReport

I heard you can get pregnant from a public toilet seat.

• Lili

It's either intercourse or artificial insemination if people want children and don't need to go the expensive and complex IVF route because they are not suffering from infertility issues. And there really are not "so many ways" of accomplishing the latter. There's really only one way -- using something like a syringe to insert the sperm into a woman's vagina.