London Nannys, is 150£ a week a good bargain?

In London how much do nannys make if they are living with the family that is payng them? Is 150£ a week cheap(having one day off a week)?

Yes! 150 is a good price for a nanny. This is equivalent to 600 in a month. Some semi skilled workers don't earn such a huge amount in UK.

• Anna mae7 months agoReport

There is a mark anderson looking for a nanny.. And he give me this email Barrheadtravelagencyscotland@gmail.com is that scam...?

Sounds like it!

• 1 year ago

At £25 per day, even as a live in, that would be breaking the minimum wage laws and very probably the working time directives as well. You also by law must offer them a pension.

All you get for £25 a day is an unqualified illegal immigrant with no checkable references.

Or for that money you get an unqualified au pair who is expected to help with child care and household duties (operative word being to "help", not to do it all for you), and £25 a day pocket money while they stay in the UK to learn English is still on the miserly side. If done correctly then you can also expect your male or female au pair to have almost no English when you first meet. So they're not even a real nanny substitute.

• 1 year ago

That's good if you are living in. I don't have £150 a week pocket money. In London the rent would be more than my salary. With utilities covered for you as well I'd swap places any time.

1 year ago

If you're being offered a nanny for that kind of money, they're thieves casing the joint. If you're planning to offer your services as a nanny for that amount, you really have no clue of what the market is like. That's closer to a daily rate than a weekly one.