This is a question for guitar players. I want to be able to tune my guitar down to drop B and drop A but am having issues.?

So basically I read online that in order to get any decent sound and tension from my strings I need gauge 11-12 or maybe even 13 for playing in drop B and or A. I have seen people using I believe to be standard guitars, Les Pauls and such. So I went to Dawson s to buy a pack of either EB beefy slinky or not even... show more So basically I read online that in order to get any decent sound and tension from my strings I need gauge 11-12 or maybe even 13 for playing in drop B and or A. I have seen people using I believe to be standard guitars, Les Pauls and such. So I went to Dawson s to buy a pack of either EB beefy slinky or not even slinky strings. I was told by the Dawson s employee which I can only presume is a musician, that this is not possible, because I would never be able to get the intonation correct on my guitar. He told me to go buy a baritone guitar or 7 string. Problem is I don t think I buy this opinion, as I keep seeing others do it and I also don t want to spend hundreds on a good baritone of which I may not want to keep using. Please help me out. Any help is appreciated.