Can you recommend some holiday cookie recipes for people new to baking?

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Amy
    Lv 7
    12 months ago
    Best Answer

I have a couple of suggestions. First and easiest, Sugar Cookies are THE classic holiday cookie but they can be a pain in the butt to make from scratch. I've been using the Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix for a few years now. It's super easy and no one would know that it isn't made from scratch. I also find that the Whipped canned frosting is really good. I get the white kind and with a little food coloring I get the festive colors that I want. Add some sprinkles and you're baking like a pro!

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

These are our fav Halloween/Thanksgiving cookie. They're very easy and they don't have to be perfect.

1 cp pumpkin

2 eggs

½ cp butter, room temp

1 ½ cp sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 ½ cp flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

½ tsp salt

1 pkg chocolate chips

In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar, use a potato masher or fork to cream them together. Add the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla and stir until well mixed.

Add the dry ingredients and stir it all together. Add the chocolate chips and stir till they’re evenly distributed.

Heat oven to 375*. Use a 1/4 cp measuring cup to drop onto greased cookie sheets. Best made as rather large cookies. Makes 18 lrg cookies.

Bake approx 12-14 min.

CRAISIN ORANGE OATMEAL COOKIES

These are my newest fav holiday cookie. I'm making them tomorrow to take to dinner on Thursday.

1 Cup Butter, Softened

1 Cup Granulated Sugar

1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar

2 Large Eggs

1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

2 Cups All Purpose Flour

1 Teaspoon Baking Powder

1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda

2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats

1 Tablespoon Grated Orange Peel

1 1/2 Cups Craisins

In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or bowl of stand mixer cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.

In a second large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and oats.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two batches while mixing on low speed. Beat just until combined. Fold in the orange zest and dried cranberries.

Chill dough for at least 45 minutes, and up to 3 days.

After chilling, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two large baking sheets with non-stick spray or parchment paper. Drop dough by Tablespoon fulls onto prepared pans, two inches apart. Slightly flatten each ball of dough with the palm of your hand.

Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are slightly golden brown around the edges.

NOTE: These cookies need to chill for at least 45 minutes.

NOTE: These cookies have a very thick dough and not much "give" you will want to flatten the dough slightly with your palm before baking.

NOTE: This dough can be kept chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you chill the dough for more than 45 minutes, allow it to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

No.

• 11 months ago

Chocolate chip is always good but I also like peanut butter and oatmeal raisin is pretty good if you want something with fruit.

• 11 months ago

las galletas

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

Watergate and Ambrosia salads are popular at my house. It's not an actual salad, more a fruity/marshmallowy dessert, and it is fairly simple.

• 12 months ago

If you are on a budget, I find the best way for starters is to get a cookie/brownie mix and tweak it with your own added ingredients to make it personally yours. If you make sugar cookies that are frozen or in a mix, just add a piece of your favorite candy on top or add in a dried or puree fruit to the mix. So many ways to make a variety of cookies and no one knows the difference. Happy Baking!

• 12 months ago

Most important tip when making cookies is to not bake them too long, if you don't want hard crunchy cookies. Take them out as soon as they start to turn a little golden brown, and let them cool on a cookie rack.

• 12 months ago

Sugar cookies are easy; but most cookies can turn out well if you follow the instructions.

Source(s): Cookie Monster
  • 12 months ago

Try snickerdoodles with chocolates on top. My mom and I used to make them, their easy and great!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.