She doesn't want to take my last name??

So my soon to be future wife and future mother of my child doesn't want to take my last name. This is why. She has a son from a previous relationship, and she said she doesn't want him to feel left out by taking my last name, and he only has his real dads last name. I told her that he won't feel left... show more So my soon to be future wife and future mother of my child doesn't want to take my last name. This is why. She has a son from a previous relationship, and she said she doesn't want him to feel left out by taking my last name, and he only has his real dads last name. I told her that he won't feel left out and that's a stupid reason. I told her just to hyphenate her name that way she can keep her last name in there, but she is saying she doesn't want her son to be feeling left out. She is also currently pregnant with out daughter. I really don't understand why she won't take my last name if we get married. Am I being selfish? or is she being selfish or what? because I just don't get it. I wanted to have her son have my last name too, but since his father is partially in his life and he has to sign off on it then I can't do it. What should I do here???
16 answers 16