Salary negotiation help plz. I was asked what’s my hourly rate & I gave a lower number than my actual number because I was nervous & rusty.?

I was jobless for a while so the unexpected job offer made me nervous and when they asked me my rate i gave much lower. They were offering 220-245 a day or 23-26 per hour. And they don’t know that I know this information because a friend of mine referred me to them and told me beforehand but I still froze and said... show more I was jobless for a while so the unexpected job offer made me nervous and when they asked me my rate i gave much lower. They were offering 220-245 a day or 23-26 per hour. And they don’t know that I know this information because a friend of mine referred me to them and told me beforehand but I still froze and said 20 per hour! Although my real rate that I always get is 27 per hour. And they were happy I said 20 and confirmed me. Now I feel dumb (for good reason it was actually really stupid of me) and if I try to negotiate it will look like I’m lying or greedy cause I already said a number.

So to summarize

They offer 23-26 per hour
My real hourly rate 27 per hour
What i said 20 per hour
6 answers 6