Is web development dying?

I was looking at this question: "Everyone and his mother is hopping onto uDemy and buying a **** ton of courses on Web Development. The entire field has become saturated with assholes who are able to provide top dollar results for bottom ***** prices. With the emergence of Wix and Squarespace, it's... show more I was looking at this question:
"Everyone and his mother is hopping onto uDemy and buying a **** ton of courses on Web Development. The entire field has become saturated with assholes who are able to provide top dollar results for bottom ***** prices. With the emergence of Wix and Squarespace, it's possible for any ol' goobertron to skip the uDemy fuckabout entirely and just squeeze out a 6 pack of mcnuggies themselves. Why should anybody even entertain the thought of jumping into Web Development with the delusion of competing against everyone from Bangladesh to Silicon Valley? Why should anyone drag their pert nutsack across the Sahara of broken beer bottles and vinegar that is Web Development, to appease some crossed-eyed goon ************ who pays only a pittance and ultimately considers you nothing more than a necessary evil and will fire you the moment his computer genius whiz kid of a nephew figures out how to use Squarespace?"

I plan on becoming a freelancer and I have learned HTML, CSS, jQuery and Php and want to develop websites, but this question just bothers me. There are people who create stunning websites at cheap prices (which is ridiculous) and I feel like such sites deserve more than just peanuts. Also there are sites like Wordpress and Wix that allows you to build your own website, so I feel like learning all these programming languages seen redundant? So what do I do? Is web development really worth it?