Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 years ago

Can weed grow from hemp seeds?

I bought some hemp (skunk lemon ruderalis ) which had loads of seeds in & gave some to a friend who wanted to grow them thinking they wouldn't produce much thc, then like 6 months later my friend was smoking the weed he grew from my seeds and said it was getting him really high... When I gave him the seeds we deliberately used female seeds & yeah.. they autobudded and come out really strong but smelt like cream with no other scent or anything.... Can hemp seeds actually produce good weed because I've got a tonne more seeds from the same hemp I bought and I liked the weed so I wanna grow some but maybe under a light.... Can the seeds actually grow weed?

Favorite Answer

Commercial hemp has little or none of the psychoactive properties of cannabis, but a little research shows that "skunk lemon ruderalis" is a cross between two strains of cannabis, and has a fair amount of THC content. Now the thing about seeds is that they don't breed true to the parent plant. That means that the seeds you got from your skunk lemon ruderalis will have some of the same properties, but no two plants will be exactly the same. Sort of like the way our brothers and sisters are all a little different, even though we have the same parents.

So yes, your friend probably is getting high from the plants he grew from your "skunk lemon ruderalis" seeds. You can plant your seeds and expect similar results.

• R K

if the seeds are from a known female plant, yes, they could grow.

• Zed

Hemp and marijuana both come from the same species of plant-cannabis. However, hemp is generally harvested from a subspecies of the Cannabis genus, which, unlike marijuana, has virtually no psychoactive properties. Your friend is BS-ing.