Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 year ago

Doesn't prison sound like a good place to live?

-No struggling to pay for stuff.

-No needing to figure out important skills, such as how to do taxes, how to fix stuff, or other things necessary to learn to live by yourself.

-No more studying, homework, or tests!

-No working 40+ hours a week

-No job hunting.

-Very few responsibilities. No need to go shopping (for food, groceries, clothes, furniture, etc.), no house management, no making your own food, no getting insurance, etc.

Doesn't prison sound great to you? When I was a kid, prison sounded terrible, but now that I'm a college student and will need to find a career in a few years and then eventually move out, I wouldn't mind living in prison for the rest of my life.

• susan
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I know a man who was sentenced to 25 years without parole. His wife was left to raise their two small children with no help or income from him. This has been a long, hard road for both of them, to be sure. But in my opinion, she has it worse. Because as you say, he doesn't have to carry the burdon of making decisions as she does for herself and her family.

Still, prison is not really an easy place to live. There are a lot of misconceptions about it. You are required to work, at least in my state, without pay of course. There is no A/C, not much of anything to be comfortable, no pillow. Food is unappetizing, unrecognizable even. Technically there is minimal medical care, but if you have a serious chronic illness, it will not be well managed. Assault is as common as you'd think from watching TV and movies. And most if all, is just the never being free. The burdon of responsibility comes with the freedom of decision. Most people on the inside would trade places with you in a heartbeat.

• super
    1 year ago

No people will try to kill and rape you

• 1 year ago

No, it doesn't

1 year ago

No, all of that costs you your butthole...

• 1 year ago

What makes you think there is room in prison?

Many are DYING to get out.

Guess you're not learning much in college.

• Kathy
    1 year ago

No way. Prisoners have no freedoms or rights.

1 year ago

prisons are full of uneducated far right chavs, who voluntarily extend their visits because they love BBCs

• 1 year ago

I actually prefer earning my keep, not to mention that I value my freedom above silly little things like comfort. Even the most comfortable prison would still be hell for freedom loving people like me.

1 year ago

It's not.

1 year ago

Yeah, you’re stuck with a bunch of smelly men getting your butthole plowed every day. Sounds lovely.