Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesPortland · 1 year ago

Would you want to live in Salem, Oregon? Why or why not?

• keith
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

No, because it is in the USA and the USA is a Third WOrld hellhole

I am definitely thinking about moving back up to Salem eventually I lived there for 12 or 13 years with my family. Whether I move to Salem or somewhere else however. Either-way I have no-desire to live in Ashland, Oregon for the rest of my life.

Salem treats outsiders horrendously like they are scum. I couldn’t believe it even Fred Meyers and Starbucks’s and Walmart. I would NOT go to Salem if I had a flat tire on the highway. I would walk back to Portland or on to Eugene or Albany which is nice, but no way would I ever give my $, or time to Salem. *Honest answer*

• 1 year ago

I wouldn't mind living in Salem. Seems like a nice place! :)

• 1 year ago

there is SO MUCH more to do in the Portland area and so much more opportunity in Portland.

• 1 year ago

I lived in a fairly nearby Willamette Valley town (Corvallis) for a few years and would not consider going back. I just cant stand the weather. Grey, drizzly, soul-crushing weather. I live in Hood River, which is right on the dividing line between western and eastern Oregon's different climatic zones (wetter in the west and more arid in the east). Perfect for me. Just enough rain that things are nice and green for most of the year but it doesnt seem to be grey/light rain for about nine months of the year either.

• DEBS
    1 year ago

No. I have no family or friends there not to mention a job.

• 1 year ago

Why are you asking this question?

1 year ago

I'd love to travel in a time machine and meet me some witches in salem...

• 1 year agoReport

He means Salem, Oregon dude (the place full of drug addicts/politicians and rains) not Salem, Massachusetts where the witch trials were.