He himself masquerades as an angel of light [2 Corinthians 11:14]
Just a few examples:
(1) Satan offers the world freedom and autonomy from an unreasonable God and Church, liberation
from rules and being “told what to do;”
(2) a false righteousness of being “tolerant” and “not judging others;”
(3) he flatters us by extolling our scientific knowledge and inflates us by equating it with wisdom and
moral superiority over our “primitive” fore-bearers;
(4) he forces the victim mentality "that we are victims of biological urges, bad parenting, economic
injustice" In other words, we are not depraved, just deprived;
(5) he recommends that our sin[s] be transformed into entertainment;
(6) he anesthetizes the pain of guilt and sin by sending us teachers who tickle our ears and
assure us that what we know deep down to be wrong is actually fine, even virtuous.
AND THIS FORUM IS BURSTING AT THE SEAMS OF THESE TYPES!
[Luke 16:13] No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.