Was Peter Ustinov a good Poirot?

He did 5 films with Death On The Nile (1978) being most famous Personally I have rarely seen an actor who overacts so much, plus his portrayal is horrible, he makes Poirot quite nasty, whereas David Suchet plays it far more subtle My grandmother was a lifelong fan of Agatha Christie, specifically Poirot and... show more He did 5 films with Death On The Nile (1978) being most famous

Personally I have rarely seen an actor who overacts so much, plus his portrayal is horrible, he makes Poirot quite nasty, whereas David Suchet plays it far more subtle

My grandmother was a lifelong fan of Agatha Christie, specifically Poirot and Marple, and she believes Ustinov was the weakest Poirot, she despised him, in fact she only liked the film because of Bette Davis, she loved her, in fact she always used to refer is as 'the one with Bette Davis'

I admit I myself thought Davis the best in the film.

I guess Ustinov was good for the role as he was naturally overweight and had a moustache, whereas Albert Finney and David Suchet wore padding and false moustache.