Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 year ago

Do you think people would make fun of me or make fun of my family if I killed myself?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

What do you care? You'll be dead.

• 1 year ago

Definitely go get help and appreciate that you even have it available to u. I'm not suicidal by any means but I've always had depression and anxiety and I've never had the chance to deal with it properly until I grew up bc I had narcissistic mom who didn't want me on meds the rest of my life. So all of that help and attention you get through mental health centers take full advantage of it dont squander that attention there are ppl who desperately want the help you're pushing away. So make the most of it.

• 1 year ago

yes!!! bcz people all things take for fun

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I hate to say it but I feel that there might be some people who would do that, not just if YOU killed yourself but if ANYBODY did. Because there are some very sick, narcissistic, even psychopathic people in this world. But I think the majority of people wouldn’t find it funny. At least I would hope not. There’s No accounting for human cruelty though. Trump is proof of that. Just look at all the hatred he has aroused in a certain segment of the American population. Towards those with disability, minorities, people with different sexual orientation’s, poor people, people of other political parties, immigrants, women, and so on and on and on. He is proof positive that there is an underlying current of cruelty in many people that renders them completely incapable of empathy for other human beings who do not share their views or their prejudices. And that this underlying trait can be brought out very easily by the wrong type of leader.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

You'll never know if you're dead.

• 1 year ago

Only jerks

• 1 year ago

make fun of you and of your family? no.. it would take an extremely evil person to make fun of suicide victims and family.. even the bullies at my school avoided kicking and punching over the head and groin..

no.. but fingers of blame can easily point at your family and at your loved ones when you do..

you probably have heard of the 5 stages of bereavement or loss (the typical 5 stages when your loved ones die out of sudden), which are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance..

i have seen family-members lashing at each other in anger..

"why did you not tell me that he was depressed?" "why did you not get the help that she needed it?"

and according to statistics, the death of a child is one of the top reasons for divorce (and for family break-up) in America..

furthermore, i have seen families in depression..

that they stopped talking to each other after a loss of a child or a parent (real talks not small talks)..

i know my mom had stopped eating and taking care of herself after my dad passed away from Pancreatic cancer.. she blames herself for not seeing the signs of cancer, when her son (me) was an accomplished doctor.. and this is over something that is unavoidable because pancreatic cancers are one of the hardest to diagnose and to treat (by the time you detect it, it is already too late)..

can you imagine a death that was completely avoidable like suicide?..

completely avoidable with proper support, proper therapy and/or medications?..

to me, and i am sorry to say this,

i see suicide as the most selfish act a person can do without any good reasons..

i would understand the suicide by a Kamikaze pilot who flies into American ships, because he believes that the Americans will destroy his country and kill all his family.. i would understand a mother who jumps in front of her child against a mass-shooter.. i would even understand the reasons why my late father wished for discharge from the hospital; eventhough hospital admission could buy few more weeks of being alive; he felt the burden of a hospital admission on my family..

but what i cannot understand is a suicide when a person has a lot to live for..

who simply gave up when there are no good reasons to stop fighting..

and i am a very religious person,

and my religion tells me that a suicide the one of the worst sins that a person can commit.. a fully guaranteed ticket to Hell in the afterlife.. God wants us to be happy, to accomplish as much as we can, to worship him, to have a family, to do good things and all that stuff..

suicide is not one of those things..

and i know that religion is not for everyone, but i hope that you would consider religion (any mainstream non-cult religion).. to me and to millions of people around the globe, religion give us hope, it gives us a purpose and it provides comfort..

my religion provided the best comfort for my late father, my mom and to me myself..

`

my advice..

seek proper help.. tell someone who is close to you, a family member, a friend, a doctor, a counsellor (and not some random online buddy).. make sure you seek proper help you need.. so go to a GP (family doctor) clinic, explain about your problems, and he/she may refer you to the appropriate clinic/office: a psychologist office, a psychiatrist clinic, a group therapy etc etc etc..

and if you are suffering a medical condition that is causing the depression, such as hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus, Cushing's disease, PCOS; you would get the help you need..

depression is a debilitating mental illness that is serious and often makes a person contemplate about self-harm and about suicide.. but with proper help, medications and support, you can pull yourself out of it..

it starts by telling a person who is close to you in real life..

"help.. i have a problem and i need help.."

believe me that first step feels hard and difficult, but it is actually the easiest..

good luck, God bless and all the best..

• 1 year ago

I do not think people make fun of people who are troubled and commit suicide. The opposite is probably true. I think people would feel sad when any person commits suicide. Here is a little story of a guy I knew in the US Army who killed himself because the activity was too strong for him and he felt lost. It was later learned that his family were physicians and the news from the government about the suicide of their son troubled the father so strongly who died early of grief. In the Korean War, soldiers(called GIs)were brainwashed by enemy doctors and denounced the US government, and some remained in Korea after the war(called "Turncoats"). Watch the Manchurian Candidate

movie on rental for more data.

harrald

• 1 year ago

Do you think it's worth all the trouble? have you considered being kind to yourself, and getting the help you DESERVE? i HOPE YOU WILL!

• Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

Thank you. You're a nice a person.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes. So rather than killing yourself you should go talk to someone and get help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.