How to sync photos from iPhone to new mac, which were imported from a different mac?

Hello, I had an old MacBook air and all my photos were there. After buying a new iPhone, I synced all photos from Mac to iPhone. In iPhone Photos, those are showed under "From my Mac" Then I formatted my old mac and sold it Now I bought a new macbook air, and want to sync back all photos from... show more Hello,

I had an old MacBook air and all my photos were there.

After buying a new iPhone, I synced all photos from Mac to iPhone. In iPhone Photos, those are showed under "From my Mac"

Then I formatted my old mac and sold it

Now I bought a new macbook air, and want to sync back all photos from iPhone to it.

However, Mac's photos only shows and can import photos taken by the iPhone. It doesn't show old photos (from old mac)

I tried iTunes sync option, it warns me that- it will delete all photos sync from old mac and replace with new mac photos!!

Same issue when I tried to enable iCloud photos...it warns me that it'd delete all old photos.

I tried to connect iPhone to a Windows computer and browsed the "Drive" It doesn't show those old photos from old macbook!!

AirDrop is an option....but it's a lot of work. Select all photos and air drop to mac!!

beside I noticed it loses quality and no "live" photos!!

can I can import/sync back those old photos to my new macbook photos?

please help
1 answer 1