Yes, since elective.
Granted per your notes, have been paying on the prior debt and you (claim) to have met your deductible and your insurance (should) pay 100%, but most hospitals don't get into what you or your insurance will pay, but rather that you still have a current debt outstanding.
About 10 years ago had hernia surgery, thus the hospital had me pay my $2,500 deductible to schedule it. Now I could have used $1,000 prior of the $2,500, but they did not care, since all they wanted was the deductible, since after done and billed, then the hospital and insurance could fight it out.
See, even though you "think" that insurance will pay at 100%, they (might) not, since most plans pay @ 80%, thus leaving you at paying 20% till you reach your (out of pocket maximum), or in some cases your plan may not pay at 100%, thus they don't want to add to the debt you currently owe.
My suggestion to you, is to have this surgery at another hospital, since no debt there. Most doctors and (hopefully) your insurance will cover at another.