For graduation it’s tradition to smoke cigars, I want to but I’m worried about the effects of smoking. What can I do?

If anyone could point me toward a low nicotine cigar or something for beginners... I know not to inhale but a there anything else I can do?

• Toruko
    1 year ago

Have it ignited, drop your pants, and

start a new tradition using the anus.

• 1 year ago

You'll be fine. Cigars are smoked differently then a cigarette. Cigarettes you inhale. Cigars are more of a flavor thing you just ouff on and blow out. So you'll be fine. There is sensors in the mouth tho so you might just might feel the effects of nicotine but it's just one time so you'll be fine. For sure. And cigars aren't harmful. If you're just puffing on it.

• 1 year ago

Get a lighter color cigar for one with lower nicotine the darker wrappers tend to have higher nicotine content. and dont worry there is nothing wrong with smoking one cigar.

1 year ago

Would you jump out of a plane without a parachute were THAT a tradition?

• Clive
    1 year ago

There is no such thing as a low nicotine cigar. In any case, what you're supposed to do is just take the smoke into your mouth, enjoy the taste and blow it out. It's taking it down into your lungs that does the real damage. And doing it for years - one cigar at graduation won't hurt.

If you're asking about a particular brand, I suggest a Montecristo #4. I happen to like the taste of Montecristos, and #4 is a small one so it will be easier. Then just puff on it as I said.

1 year ago

A low nicotine cigar? Dare we ask what you're graduating from? Pampers to Huggies?

• 1 year ago

I never heard of that tradition.

But, well first of all, cigars don't cause lung problems like cigarettes do because you don't inhale much of the smoke. You pull it into your mouth, taste it, and spit it out. Habitual cigar smokers get cancer in their mouths--lips, tongue, etc.--not their lungs.

Secondly ONE cigar isn't going to hurt you. Even one cigarette. It's habitual smoking, years and years, that does it.

I went to a company party with a friend, her company's 10-year anniversary. Someone was handing out Macanudos, a really famous and expensive cigar. We shared one, passing it back and forth like a joint. 8^)

• Rick B
    1 year ago

No idea what you are talking about. I have never smoked cigars at a graduation.

• 1 year ago

Smoking one cigar is no big deal (it's the repeated habit that is bad for you). It's probably no more harmful to your health than spending 10 minutes stuck in traffic.

But that said, you don't have to do it just because other people are doing it (and that goes for everything in life, including being stuck in traffic).

• 1 year ago

U don't have to follow a trend which is harmful to u