How do I stop my saved 2-column MS Word document from reverting to 1 column?

It's never done this before. I have these 2-column documents that I save before closing them, and when I oen them at a later time, their still in 2 columns. But this morning while I was cutting, pasting and dragging some elements on a document, I must have clicked on something that caused this to happen, but... show more It's never done this before. I have these 2-column documents that I save before closing them, and when I oen them at a later time, their still in 2 columns.

But this morning while I was cutting, pasting and dragging some elements on a document, I must have clicked on something that caused this to happen, but I don't know what my stupid nervousy fingers did. So now ALL of the 2-column documents I've saved before have reverted to 1 column, and it's tiresome going through page layout just to bring back my documents' original 2-column layout.

What's frustrating is that even if I save the documents and close them, they'll be 1 column again when I open them. PLEASE help me!
1 answer 1