When Jesus say "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword." is that pro weapons or against weapons? Matthew, chapter 26, verse 52?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Jesus is against weapons. So we go not to war. We are neutral. -John 13:34,35; John 1716.

Source(s): Bible
    • Caesar
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

So all that thing about love and forgive is just a marketing tool or like the lies that politician do for people to follow them...interesting view Donald

• dumbbu
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Depends on which side of the sword you happen to be on.

• 1 year ago

At one point, Jesus advised his followers to buy swords. He was pro self-defense, of course.

• Caesar
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

I am the one playing games but you Donald are the one making comments all over the other users' answers and not try to answer the question...Gee Zeus or more game-themed Yahtzee

• 1 year ago

Interestingly in the teaching that takes place just before this incident, Jesus tells his disciples that if they do not own a sword, they should sell their cloak and buy one. Peter points out that there are two large knives on the table where they are eating, and Jesus instructs him to bring them along. It was one of those knives that Peter used to attack the mob that came to arrest Jesus. It was during this that the statement was made.

Jesus did indicate that we had the right to defense yourselves, including having a weapon. But that they were not to be used to start aggression against other people as Peter did. There is a difference between the two.

• Caesar
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Justin holy knights ? Knights Templar or any Christian military orders? The templars eatin in pairs is knowed but 2 armed guard for 12? How Luke 9:1-6 was anything about under inspired Christian rule... Apostles die and were killed some in Roman territory other far away any Christians territory,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Against.

• Duck
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Sounds like it's against.

• Donald
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

focus MORE.......... see my comments and reply.

• 1 year ago

The only offensive weapon in Christianity is "the sword of the Spirit", Eph. 6:17.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It is an admonition against violence.

• 1 year ago

It is a wise warning about those who use violence as means to an end - a warning that the same can come upon you.

• Caesar
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

I got no swords neither people ever had called me violent, but I know violent people exist around us and people who need to say something like the same can come upon you... Gee Zeus

• Chris
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Luke 22:36 is Jesus telling them to buy a weapon for self defense.

So, pro weapons.

Matthew 26:52 is Jesus saying not to fight the arrest, because Jesus is willingly going to the cross to die for our sins.

I will never understand any person that wants to disarm a society. Seriously. The weapons will be in the hands of government tyrants and criminals. You trust government tyrants and criminals?

• Hoppy1 year agoReport

Jesus at His return will war against the apostate church, Satan and his minions,He'll destroy them!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.