I think my husband is too strict. I want to be sure I'm just not too lenient before I talk to him.?

My husband and I have an eleven year old daughter. She has always been a little sheltered and immature for her age. But she just started junior high this year and I'm starting to notice how sheltered and how strict we may be. We just started letting her walk to school (three blocks away) and he still prefers... show more My husband and I have an eleven year old daughter. She has always been a little sheltered and immature for her age. But she just started junior high this year and I'm starting to notice how sheltered and how strict we may be.

We just started letting her walk to school (three blocks away) and he still prefers to drive her. She has a nine o clock bed time, and she has never had a sleep over. We are very involved in her social life. There is only one friends parent we feel comfortable with, so it's the only house she is allowed to hang out at.

This past Halloween, she was the only one at her school in her grade that was allowed to go out unchaperoned.

She is complaining that she isn't allowed to do anything and that we are treating her like a baby. I see her point of view, but I also see where she hasn't really shown she is mature. She needs to be reminded to do her homework, to pick up after herself and until a few months ago to even shower and brush her hair.

Any insight? Advice?
Update: My daughter does prepare her own snack, and helps me with supper.
Update 2: I have had a serious talk with the husband. I think we are going to give a little and see how she does.