Why do unsuccessful people hate successful people?

Due to the area I live in currently, I have had to settle with let's just say peter pan friends. The boys who never grew up. I am fully aware that this is bad, but I have no choice until I move in a few months. I just have a question and something I have noticed. I have a college degree and recently got a job... show more Due to the area I live in currently, I have had to settle with let's just say peter pan friends. The boys who never grew up. I am fully aware that this is bad, but I have no choice until I move in a few months.

I just have a question and something I have noticed. I have a college degree and recently got a job in the city. I apply myself in life and work hard. Alot of my friends have these dead end jobs and have done absolutely nothing with their life. They are essential the same person as they were ten years ago.

They all treat me like crap and dont respect me. They interrupt me when I'm talking, they exclude me in things on social media, they never ask about what I'm doing in life or congratulate me when something good happens, they simply dont respect me. I wanna know what it is and what gives people the right to do that. I plan on cutting off these people soon but I don't understand how you cant show respect to someone and be kind to someone.