My toddler hates his dad, help!?

My son is 18 months old and was always so close to his dad. He’s always been a mommas boy, but still got so happy whenever daddy got home and enjoyed being held by him. I wanna say the last 2 months he has been a constant battle for my husband to even carry him. The last month however has been really bad. The... show more My son is 18 months old and was always so close to his dad. He’s always been a mommas boy, but still got so happy whenever daddy got home and enjoyed being held by him. I wanna say the last 2 months he has been a constant battle for my husband to even carry him. The last month however has been really bad. The second daddy gets home he makes brat noises and won’t even let him get near him and if he does he smacks him or throws a fit. My husband feels really bad and says he’s not even gonna try anymore. This is taking a huge toll on us, but me especially as I feel extremely overwhelmed with my toddler joint at my hip not only during the day but nights now also. :( what can we do?
(And before it’s mentioned no my husband is not doing anything wrong to my child behind closed doors)