Social anxiety ask: Is this annoying behavior?

I'm sorry if this post is pathetic. My brain *is* able to think logically about this, but anxiety is preventing me from believing myself, so maybe if I heard some logic from someone else it would help hahaha And the only reason I'm giving this so much thought right now is because I have a crush on the guy... show more I'm sorry if this post is pathetic. My brain *is* able to think logically about this, but anxiety is preventing me from believing myself, so maybe if I heard some logic from someone else it would help hahaha

And the only reason I'm giving this so much thought right now is because I have a crush on the guy in question, so my usual anxiety is intensified. But this isn't a "Do you think he likes me?" post, because I'm not even as concerned about that as I am about just making sure he doesn't think I'm weird/annoying...

He's a guy I work with, and we've talked several times, although never for very long or about anything other than work. We also only talk somewhat sporadically, as I don't get a whole lot of opportunities to talk to him. So we're not exactly friends, but we do know each other.

Even though I don't get a whole lot of opportunities to talk to him, I do see him in passing a lot. I used to not say anything, but it felt rude to do that, so I've started greeting him. Now, however, I feel like I'm being annoying (social anxiety is so frustrating). But I'm also not sure I can just stop doing it now that I've started...

So I guess my question is, is it annoying to have someone that you only kind of know always greeting you? Except for a couple times, I'm always the first one to do it. He does usually greet me back with my name and a "What's up?" or something, but I still can't help but feel like I'm forcing him to interact with me when he otherwise wouldn't want to.