Do I have to pay tax on freelance work?

So I've been doing freelance graphic design through social media and the success has been great. Making enough money to live comfortably (for now) without being employed (I'm not in any employed work). My question is, do I have to pay tax on this now or further down the line, or never? Can't see it... show more So I've been doing freelance graphic design through social media and the success has been great. Making enough money to live comfortably (for now) without being employed (I'm not in any employed work).

My question is, do I have to pay tax on this now or further down the line, or never? Can't see it being the latter as life isn't that easy! I'd love to continue this for a while longer to see what boundaries I can push and maybe go self-employed.

I'm still relatively young and all this tax and payment lark is new to me. (Thanks school for teaching me nothing about that!).

Based in the UK if that helps. Thanks in advance!