How is it possible to learn to drive in these conditions?

I need to actually see in order to learn and I can’t understand/remember oral instructions. I need to be shown or it has to be demonstrated right in front of me. I promise that if I’m being proficient, it’s actually out of luck not skill. I don’t know how I’m doing it. I’m unable to judge if I’m too far/close; I... show more I need to actually see in order to learn and I can’t understand/remember oral instructions. I need to be shown or it has to be demonstrated right in front of me. I promise that if I’m being proficient, it’s actually out of luck not skill. I don’t know how I’m doing it. I’m unable to judge if I’m too far/close; I even crashed the side mirror of the passenger’s side into the electric meter when backing into the driveway, and whenever I back out of the driveway, the car is often half on the asphalt & half on the grass. I can’t remember which side to turn the wheel when reversing nor the adjustments on the turn signal indicator. I even had a lesson from a driving school after the adults in my family but I still couldn’t understand the instructor’s explanation on how to turn the wheel; she even took the wheel & controlled the car from the passenger seat for the rest of the lesson. Even after watching videos on youtube, I still can’t understand. My mom learned from her mom who went to a driving school. My permit expired and I haven’t practiced driving since. Plus I find it extremely difficult to control the vehicle and I can’t see myself doing this everyday. I make my mom so angry whenever she tried to teach me. It’s too much for me; I can’t understand/remember what to do in situations. It still feels awkward after so many lessons. I failed Driver’s Ed in high school. This may or may not matter but I first started practicing in my mom’s van; it’s the only car we have.
9 answers 9