Should I add a SAVERS SWITCH into my electric power line?

I am again TEMPTED... No, nothing dramatic - but allow me to explain: My local power supply company promotes each outlet to use a device called a SAVER SWITCH. <-This installed gadget supposedly Turns-off and on the power to my home (I am promised only during those times during the year when electric demand is... show more I am again TEMPTED...
No, nothing dramatic - but allow me to explain:
My local power supply company promotes each outlet to use a device called a SAVER SWITCH. <-This installed gadget supposedly Turns-off and on the power to my home (I am promised only during those times during the year when electric demand is at a peak (commonly during the Summertime-heat.)
My highest electric-bill (so far) has been $85.00 (this was during the century-high temperature-streak of a few years ago - as I recall.)
My electric company is offering a $50-rebate in my October bill, each year if I accept this gadget installed in my home service-line. - How much of an incumberance is relying on my electric utility to switch on-and-off the power to my home (I am promised only in 15-minute-cycles) during High-demand times? <-I do understand that commonly during the Summertime-heat is when electric supply is in highest demand.

How much Trouble would I encumber if I allow BIG BROTHER, XCel Energy to control my electric use?

Opinions / feedback - here, please.
Thanks.