I don’t think I’m fit to be a mother but I’m feeling pressured to become one?

Now, I’m not going to jump into babymaking because I’m engaged to an amazing man and other people think we should, but it does have me pondering whether or not motherhood is really right for me. I’m pretty clueless when it comes to babies & motherhood. Here’s the reasons I feel it’s not right for me: I’m way... show more Now, I’m not going to jump into babymaking because I’m engaged to an amazing man and other people think we should, but it does have me pondering whether or not motherhood is really right for me. I’m pretty clueless when it comes to babies & motherhood.
Here’s the reasons I feel it’s not right for me:

I’m way too young. I feel like 24 is a highly inappropriate time to be having a baby, and even more so because I’m broke. My mom had me when she was almost 40, so the idea of having a kid in your 20s seems too young. I feel I should wait at least another 10+ years and only then will it be appropriate to even start considering it.

I know NOTHING about babies. I know nothing about prenatal care. The only thing I know is don’t drink alcohol or use drugs. Other than that, I am clueless. I know nothing about them. Nothing about feeding them, or taking care of them. And I don’t think I should be having a baby unless I know what I’m doing first. Because that’s the responsible thing to do, is it not?

I’ve never held or touched a baby. Yes, you read that right. How do I even hold one? I’ll probably accidentally drop it on it’s head. What if it pukes or poops on me?

Pregnancy and childbirth freaks me out for some reason. Yes, I get it—it’s natural. But something about it is utterly terrifying. I also have a low pain tolerance.

The overall idea just never appealed to me. I never played with dolls as a child. Seeing babies doesn’t “make my ovaries hurt.”

So guys...what do you think?