Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 year ago

I'm 23 am I too old to learn french?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

not at all you can learn it fluently in a month if you take it seriously

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Way too old. I hope youre close to getting married too, your best days are behind ya. Make a deal with your bf and say "I will ride you whenever I want" if you marry me. Your time is running out. Learning a new language should not be what you're worried about bit the fact you're about to become worthless to the opposite sex

• 1 year ago

I hope not.I started Spanish when I was 22.I am 79 now and I use Spanish every day but I will never be good enough.

• 1 year ago

no you are not never is to late

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

No, but why would you learn French?

• Takuma
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

No, not at all. I started learning Japanese from 27, and now I can say. "I'm not too old to learn Japanese," in Japanese!

• 1 year ago

Absolutely not. My oldest English student was 82. The only difference was that she needed a bit more time and repetitions than the rest, but she still learned and her pronunciation was beautiful.

At 23, you should be more than okay.

• 1 year ago

Absolutely not.

Just for one thing, learning a foreign language could be a good hobby for people who retire.

• FlagMichael
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

I wish I could give you two thumbs up. I am retiring in two months and that is a marvelous idea!

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

you can still read and interpret things. no. you're not too old. it just takes time, like learning any other skill.

• 1 year ago

You're never too old to learn anything. Although it is suggested that is it more difficult to learn things, with a deteriorating learning rate after 18, at only 23 learning French at any level should be okay, providing you are not intellectually disabled and have a desire and passion for self-learning.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.