Geico is only going to cover 1,000 of my medical bills and says im responsible for pursuing the other insurance company is this right?

I was involved in a 5 car accident as a result of a car spinning out at high speeds on the highway and coming towards oncoming traffic that was driving at 60mph. My car took a hard hit and I was taken by ambulance to the ER. I'm certain this ambulance ride alone cost $1,000. The details of the accident are... show more I was involved in a 5 car accident as a result of a car spinning out at high speeds on the highway and coming towards oncoming traffic that was driving at 60mph.
My car took a hard hit and I was taken by ambulance to the ER. I'm certain this ambulance ride alone cost $1,000.
The details of the accident are still not available and no police report currently 5 days out from accident. I don't know the names of the other drivers or the person who caused the accident because I was taken immediately to the ambulance and didnt have time to talk to anyone or take photos because I was injured.
Geico is telling me that I wont get any personal injury protection because its not available in my state, no coverage for lost wages from missing work, no one to pay the hospital bills or copays and I'll need to pay all of that upfront or payment plan or risk it going to collections because if the other cars insurance company pays it will be at the end of all of my treatments including physical therapy/follow ups and their insurance wont pay the bills as they come in which means they're at high risk for going to collections......
How come my own insurance company isnt going to fight for me and get the other insurance company to pay my medical bills when they're at fault? Isnt that their responsibility? They are even telling me that I'm responsible for getting the police report and uploading it to their app. Geico is screwing me......