How to deal with guys that like me but I do not like?

I feel like I am a magnet for gay guys I am just not interested and it seems like the more I don’t like them the more obssesive their behaviors become despite me being mean and rude towards them. Sometimes I ask myself maybe I should surrender and give them a chance but then I look back and said I tried surrendering to society’s standards by trying to date women but it just didn’t work out. What should I do?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Nicely but firmly let them know you are not interested early on. Some guys are not going to “get” your body language. They just don’t read social cues or maybe they do but they are not sure and are blinded by their attraction. Break it down for them. Be blunt yet compassionate and save them face.

By doing this you will save both of you time. They might spend months hoping for a chance with you. And then of course you are going to have to put up with it all this time too!

For the vast majority of guys you deal with - this one time will be all that is needed.

But for the ones who just won’t take a hint after once or twice - then it’s time to get mean.

When you start to hit bars - you’ll probably be hit on by a lot of older men. They never learned. Gold diggers of your generation. Will date then and get some material benefit out of them and dump them. And in 20 years time you’ll see some of the same guys gong for the 20 somethings of that era and the won’t look twice at you.

• 1 year ago

Say, "I am not interested in you".

• reme_1
    1 year ago

Just be friendly and tell them you are other wise involved.

• 1 year ago

Graciously, I hope. Remember the Golden Rule.

• 1 year ago

Tell them you have aids. Then spit in their mouth. Point at their face and laugh saying, "Now you do too".