Can you play a game on a PC that doesn t meet the minimum RAM requirement?

I just bought Fallout 4 for PC because I don t have either next gen consoles. It didn t occur to me to make sure my computer was up to par with the system requirements, which it is not. My PC is a 6 year old Windows 7 with 4gb RAM and Fallout 4 requires 8gb RAM. I can launch the game but once I start playing it the... show more I just bought Fallout 4 for PC because I don t have either next gen consoles. It didn t occur to me to make sure my computer was up to par with the system requirements, which it is not. My PC is a 6 year old Windows 7 with 4gb RAM and Fallout 4 requires 8gb RAM. I can launch the game but once I start playing it the fps is atrocious to the point where I can t even move properly at all.

I m actually quite sad about it because I ve been waiting to play FO4. I ve searched it online and everyone tells you to just get a new RAM and problem solved, but I honestly don t have the money for that. My question is is there anything I can do to actually make the game run properly?