POLL: What does it mean generally if there is a small american flag next to a grave?

I went to my local cemetery yesterday and I noticed a grave of a man who died last week. It was written on it: DR. RICHARD A. (last name) APR 4 1934 + OCT 25 2018 LOVING HUSBAND AND FATHER and next to it there were 2 small american flags,one of each side of the grave. What do you think this generally means?... show more I went to my local cemetery yesterday and I noticed a grave of a man who died last week. It was written on it: DR. RICHARD A. (last name) APR 4 1934 + OCT 25 2018 LOVING HUSBAND AND FATHER and next to it there were 2 small american flags,one of each side of the grave. What do you think this generally means? I've seen this a few times
Update: update: I found a few feet from the grave a marker : PFC US MARINE CORPS KOREA " it was covered by some bushes so I couln't really see it