the new mouse is unresponsive?

Update:

do I take it back?

Update 2:

now instead of batteries it has a cord that fits into computer

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Does it squeak when you right click it? Try ensure its in the usb correctly. If it has a battery replace it. Restart the pc. Or reinstall the firmware or update it. If all fails take it back to the pet shop.

• 1 year ago

If the mouse is working in Safe Mode, there is likely a driver or software conflict. To fix this problem, follow the steps below. Expand the mouse (mice) option in Device Manager by clicking the + symbol. Remove all mice listed by highlighting each device and then pressing the delete key on the keyboard.

• 1 year ago

LOL do CPR I love that answer! I assume its USB...

If it does not light up , would look at the USB cable, maybe blow into it make sure there is no dust or pocket fuzz in the USB cable... After that try another USB port... If that does not work take it back.

• Andy T
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

A wired mouse is pretty much without need to configure nor maintain. A product as bad as you suggest couldn't even hit the market; but on the other hand mousy is last thing OS will give up on responsiveness so I would take it back.

Before doing that, one small test; it might simply not having high-quality optical sensor to be responsive on such pristine surface. Take a simple cardboard and use it mousepad so if the thing becomes responsive that clinches it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Fulano
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

There's not a lot you can do to configure a mouse. If it's not working then basically yes, take it back and tell them it's not working.

• 1 year ago

do cpr

• Mizzy1 year agoReport

oh i thought you'd bought a new pet.
      sorry i don't have any advice for computer mice i'm not good at technology

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If it is a USB mouse plug it into a different port of the computer. That specific port could be faulty/disabled.

If that doesn't work and you just bought it take it back to the store you bought it from or if it was purchased online get an RMA and return it.

• try reinstalling the driver for the mouse

did you set it up correctly?

• C1 year agoReport

Really? there are actually drivers for Mice? Haven't seen a driver disc for a mouse in years.. Many years.. Windows XP, 7, 10 for the most part have the drivers built into the operating system.. Just a dumb mouse... LOL

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes if you purchased it that is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.