Do electric car owners make sure the electricity for their cars are coming from clean energy sources?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

They never consider the coal fired generating plant belching toxic garbage into the atmosphere as they smugly plug their crappy vehicles in.

1 year ago

My Chevy Bolt is partly powered by the sun panels on my south facing roof, but probably most comes from the municipal power supplier. However, I don’t feel too bad about it because hydroelectric dam generators are better than coal burning ones.

• 1 year ago

they don't and can't

• y
    1 year ago

Most have no clue, and even many that are supposedly green or come from green sources. It is only part or their energy that does. Besides that, those batteries destroy any benefit they believe they may be getting.

• P
    1 year ago

At least in my state you can switch your electric provider to 100% "green" energy, so some may do that if they want to pay a little bit more for that type of thing.

• 1 year ago

I use a gas generator to charge my Nissan Leaf... but it's premium unleaded- does that count?

• 1 year ago

I'm guessing that most people comfortable driving around in giant containers of acid don't think it through that far...

1 year ago

Sure. I put a windmill on my patio. You work with what you have until you can change it.

Nevada Question 6, the Renewable Energy Standards Initiative, is on the ballot in Nevada as an initiated constitutional amendment on November 6, 2018.

A "yes" vote supports this initiative to require electric utilities to acquire 50 percent of their electricity from renewable resources by 2030.

• Ranger
    1 year ago

Why would they care? Maybe they just want to cut their fuel cost and don't really care where the electricity comes from.

1 year ago

They are coal cars